Bude to Hartland Quay

31/5/14 I'm afraid that I forgot my camera for this trip. We parked in St Nectans car park in Stoke and then walked back to Hartland for the bus to Bude. After the previous week's exertions, I decided to bring a rucksack this time. I found a site saying that we had ascended over 5000 feet on that trip. A mere 4500 to go this time.

The walk out of Bude is easy enough, even if the lack of signs continued.



But it wasn't long before the ups and downs started. They kept coming.


I was waiting for the Devon border to appear and when we came across the Devon Wildlife Trust site at Marsland, I thought that we were there. But no. Fortunately we soon were though and Sid replenished himself with water from a hut.


There were various animals grazing the cliffs from here.



Embury Beacon marked the high point and we were lucky that the walk after that was mainly a gradual downhill one to Speke's Mill.


The signs there were confusing again, but we soon stumbled into the Wreckers Retreat at Hartland Quay.


Pints of Hartland Quay Bitter and Healey's Cider for £6.80 didn't touch the sides before walking up the hill and back to Stoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment